while upgrading the DotNetNuke Azure Accelerator to the latest version (6.0), I've detected that while the core modules are working fine the extra-modules that comes with the DNN package are not SQL Azure compliant.
Since the previous DNN Azure Accelerator package came with all this modules available on Azure, the most reasonable solution is to create a fix for the official distribution package. I hope that the documentation generated on this process can help the module project leaders to fix the official packages in the next release.
The need for the fix is based on that the next version of the DNN Azure Accelerator will introduce the next characteristics:
- The DNN6 distribution package with the SQL Azure fixes will be uploaded to storage (zipped).
- The SMB role will create the VHD dynamically on the first run if not exists, so there will be no need to upload a huge blob (deployments will be faster!!)
- After the VHD creation, the SMB role will download from the Storage the distribution package and unzip it to the VHD drive
- You will use the official DNN installation wizard to create and configure the DNN instance (I’ve deployed one from my iPad!)
- Creating new installations should be easy, using the same uploaded package.
- For upgrading the installation, a similar “dnn6.X.zip” package will be checked
Time to work!!
|DotNetNuke ASP2 Menu Navigation Provider||OK|
|DotNetNuke DNN DropDown Navigation Provider||OK|
|Telerik Editor Provider||OK|
|Announcements||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Blogs||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Documents||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|FAQs||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Events||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Feedback||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Form and List||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Forum||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Help||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Links||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Map||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Media||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|News Feeds (RSS)||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Reports||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Repository||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Store Admin||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Survey||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|Wiki||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|
|XML Module||FAIL! > Fixed - Check here|